Air Duct Cleaning Mount Holly NC
Air ducts are related to your home’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning system. They provide the passageway for heated or cooled air to circulate throughout the entire house.
Air duct cleaning is the removal of dust and other contaminants that may have accumulated over the years in your home’s air ducts. Air ducts are needed to circulate the air around your house, which is why air duct cleaning is very important. Air ducts are usually located in hidden corners like behind the wall or above the ceiling which made one forget to clean air duct as they are not visible. This may affect the indoor air quality.
Why is it important to clean air duct?
Regular air duct cleaning helps to ensure your indoor air quality remains as clean as possible.
1. Reduce harmful particles
Every home generates dust and toxic chemicals may exist in the dust. Most of the time, the dust will end up in the air ducts. Besides toxic chemicals, dust mite, mold, pollen and other particles will accumulate along the walls of the air duct. Regular cleaning helps to reduce the toxin buildup, which will then help to mitigate allergy illness and sensitive skin condition.
2. Improve your home’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning system efficiency
Heavy dust and other particles may accumulate and build up in the air duct, affecting the efficiency of the air flow within the house. When the system cannot circulate the air around the home effectively, then it may not maintain the indoor air temperature as desired. Cleaning the air duct allows you to have a comfortable living environment with your desired room temperature.
3. Eliminate unpleasant smell
When we cook or there may be someone who smoke in the house, the odor will linger and accumulate in the air duct. In addition, the dust and mold buildup in the duct will create a unpleasant smell. With regular air duct cleaning, we will get to breathe in fresh and refreshing air.
4. Prolong our home’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning system
When dust and dirt accumulate in the air duct, the system efficiency will be affected. It may lead to overheating. With regular air duct cleaning, it help to prolong the life of the system.
5. Save energy
When the heating, ventilation and air conditioning system runs efficiently, it helps to save energy.
How do you know your air duct need cleaning?
Watch out for these signs to decide whether your air duct need cleaning.
- Your air duct has not been cleaned for the past 2 years
- There is dust buildup or mold growth on the vent cover
- The room temperate differs from room to room
- There is an obvious increase in your electricity bills
- There is respiratory or allergy issues with family members
How does air duct cleaning work?
The technician need to engage the use of duct cleaning equipments:
- Vacuum – Technician will need to use a powerful vacuum that is specially designed for air duct cleaning
- Access Devices – In order to view the inside of the air duct, technician use access tools like drill or saw as the access points may be too small to accommodate the imaging device or cleaning equipment.
- Imaging Devices – Imaging devices such as camera, mirrors are used to access the inside of the air duct, enabling the technician to decide on the cleaning process.
- Hand tools – Periscope, mirror and brush are used to access and clean the air duct.
- Chemicals and Sanitizers – In cases where mold are found, sanitizers are used to remove the buildup.
The air duct cleaning process
First, the technicians will access the condition of the air duct. They will inspect the areas where the dust and dirt buildup. They will attach the vacuum to collect the debris as it loosened and debris will be removed using the cleaning process. The technicians may also need to use brush to remove debris along the walls of the air duct.
Cleaning the air duct improves the air quality of your home, allowing your family to breathe in fresher and clean air.
How often should you clean the air duct?
It is recommended that you clean the air duct at three to five years interval. However, you may require more frequent cleaning if your house is located near construction site, there are pets in the house or there are family members who have respiratory or allergy problem.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
Amazing Air Duct in Mt Holly also provides professional Dryer Vent Cleaning. Dryer Vent Cleaning is a service that is recommended yearly to ensure a safe and efficient home. Amazing Air Duct are properly trained and certified to inspect your air ducts or dryer vent for health and fire hazards. We offer several more services besides this so that we can provide you with want you need.
Air Duct Replacment
Air duct replacement service provided by us is an integral part of our integrated air duct services. We not only ensure that your air ducts are clean from bacteria, mold and dust, we want to make sure you air duct supporting the efficiency HVAC system. If one of the air ducts is damaged in some way, your air conditioner will not work sufficiently and will waste unnecessary energy.
Are You Ready To Get Your Air Duct Clean?
Our team of expert cleaner technicians are available to help you clean your air duct. Contact us today!
Take a look below at what a few of our happy customers have to say about our expert air duct cleaner.
Fill out the form below to get in touch with us!